The PMAHCC Foundation Scholarship Program accepts applications from January 1 until June 30 for the scholastic year starting in the fall. This form will serve as an application. Students must respond to all PMAHCCF requests for verification and transcripts in order to be eligible. Transcripts and verification of need must come from the school directly.
Grant amounts are evaluated for each applicant depending on individual need or merit; and the foundation available funds. Not all applicants will be selected as recipients.
· Awards range from $1,000 to $2,000
· Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements by responding to the requests for verification from PMAHCCF
· Awards are not renewable, Students can re-apply each year as long as they meet all the eligibility requirements and can confirm enrollment.
To be eligible to apply to the program, the student must –
· Be attending or accepted in an accredited post-high school educational institution** including 2 or 4 year college or university or vocational, technical or trade school in the United States or its territories
· Reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County
· Demonstrate unmet financial need of at least $1,000 after the financial aid award package has been determined,
· Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry (at least one of applicant’s grandparents must be Hispanic);
· Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, and
· Enroll as a full-time student.
** Approved accredited institutions are defined as Title IV eligible, accredited, postsecondary
two- or four-year colleges or universities, vocational, or technical schools in the United States.
Interested students must COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM and mail it along with the following required documents:
· CURRENT, COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES – ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
o Official transcript of grades
o Unofficial transcript that includes the student and school’s name
o Student-generated online transcript that includes student and school’s name (Grade Reports are NOT acceptable)
o GED Test score results
· Typed an essay of not more than 300 words discussing a significant public speech, legislative act, a book or a recent event in the community and why you decided to write about it.
Deadline: The application and all required supporting documents MUST be mailed IN ONE ENVELOPE and MUST be at the PMAHCCF office by JUNE 30. Applications received after June 30 will not be considered.
All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by PMAHCCF.